Valentine's Day is just around the corner and quite honestly it's one of those holidays I use as an excuse to dress up, indulge in chocolate and drink some wine. This year I'll be doing the same, but likely wearing sweatpants, ordering in Uber Eats, and of course, eating chocolate - which is basically my every-weekend activity because, you know, Covid.
Looking for some quarantine-friendly date ideas? Check out this post here. Not spending it with a significant other? We love Galentine's Day! It's the perfect reason to get together (safely) with your girlfriends or grab a cocktail & connect over Zoom.
Regardless of how you're spending Valentine's/Galentine's, I've rounded up a few pink cocktail recipes (& mocktails, because Dry Feb) to get you in the mood. Cheers!
"This beautifully pink and delicious gin sour is a fantastic sour cocktail"
- 1 egg white
- 3 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hibiscus simple syrup, recipe here
- 1 teaspoon Chambord
The egg white gives the cocktail a frothy layer, but if you want to leave it out you can.
Add all of the ingredients in a large cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake very hard for 30 seconds.
Strain into a small glass over a large ice cube.
"Like a margarita with a softer, cuter side, the Señorita ditches limes for pink lemonade and lemon juice."
- Lemon wedge, for rimming glasses
- Coarse salt, for rimming glasses
- 2 c. ice
- 2 1/4 c. Pink lemonade
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. triple sec
- 1 c. tequila
- 4 Lemon Slices, for garnish
- Rub a lemon wedge around the rim of four glasses, then dip rims into salt.
- To each glass, add ice, pink lemonade, lemon juice, triple sec, and tequila. Stir to combine. (if you prefer a lot of ice, stir together mixture first, then pour over ice.)
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice.
"Pink Champagne Floats are the perfect Valentine’s Day cocktails and dessert all in one!"
- 2-3 scoops raspberry sorbet
- 1 c. pink champagne
- fresh raspberries for garnish
Place scoops of sorbet in large wine glass.
Pour champagne over the sorbet.
Top with raspberries.
Allow to melt while you sip or eat with a spoon, either way works!
"Pretty in pink, this Rose Pink Ginger Mocktail is not only delicious to look at, but the taste is simply divine."
- 1/2 ounce raspberry simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounce grapefruit soda
- 1 1/2 ounce pink ginger soda
- top with aromatic tonic water
- garnish with a pinch of dried rose petals
- garnish with a lemon peel on a cocktail stick
- Add the raspberry simple syrup to the bottom of the champagne flute, next add the grapefruit soda and ginger soda.
- Top with the aromatic tonic water, add a pinch of dried rose petals.
- Garnish with a circle of fresh lemon peep threaded with a cocktail stick.
"A deliciously smooth, and creamy non-alcoholic drink"
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 8 oz. pureed strawberries
- Lite Whipped cream
- Splash of Club Soda (you can substitute diet Sprite or 7-Up)
- In a cocktail shaker fill with ice, combine all pureed strawberries the pineapple juice and about 4 TBSP Lite Whipped Cream.
- Shake until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top with more whipped cream (optional)
"Fresh grapefruit and lime juices are the star of this school-night version of the Paloma."
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (~2 limes)
- 4 drops liquid stevia (or simple syrup or your favorite sweetener, to taste)
- 3/4 cup club soda
- 2 small glasses of ice
- Lime or grapefruit wedges, for garnish
- Mix the grapefruit juice, lime juice, and the sweetener of your choice in a large glass or shaker.
- Divide club soda between two glasses of ice.
- Pour half of the grapefruit mixture into each of the glasses.
- Garnish with lime or grapefruit wedges, if using.
Looking for some inspo for your Valentine's/Galentine's Day gifts? Shop the collection here!